[mapguide-users] ArcSDE FDO sucks !!!

isca mapguide2007 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 03:32:29 EDT 2008

Tony,

I have the same experience with the ArcSDE FDO provider in MGE 2009. We are
having an application that is running more or less fine (mostly performance
is ok, but sometimes it 'hangs' for some seconds) on MGE2007 and MGE2008,
but when we tried to port it to MGE2009 it was so slow we had no other
option than to fall back to MGE2008.
As I could not find anything on the web indicating there are performance
problems with ArcSDE provider I assumed the problem was related to the
environment, but as you are encountering the same problem there might indeed
be some serious problems with the provider.