[mapguide-users] Please help! Has anybody used King.Oracleinreal conditions?

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Mon Oct 6 04:42:06 EDT 2008

Hi Haris

Haris Kurtagic wrote:

> How many spatial tables you have?
> How many tables you use in a MapGuide?

It varies. Current set-up is around 150 Oracle schemas, each containing at
most 100 spatial tables (actually, they're views into a different schema).
The data covers the whole of the UK.

Haris Kurtagic wrote:

> using one Oracle Schema owner and setting that owner name in King.Oracle
> connection property should speed it up.

I've modified our installation of MapGuide so that on each map request we
look in the appropriate schema for the appropriate table. It all works, but
it's just not very quick.

Cheers
Stuart