[mapguide-users] Re: what's holding people back from upgrading to 2.0?

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 05:56:09 EDT 2008

there's been a quite a few comments saying that the newer FDO releases
are too slow

from what I've noticed is it actually the AGG rendering engine or FDO?

one of my projects uses about 9.6 Gb of data for a map, it does seem that
AGG is a bit slower than GD but the latest mapguide is a lot more stable, not
quite perfect yet but it's a hell of a lot better