[mapguide-users] what's holding people back from upgrading to 2.0?

Jonathan Manafi jonathan.manafi at cctechnol.com
Tue Oct 7 15:25:57 EDT 2008

We experienced extreme CPU and/or memory consumption when we tested MGOS
2.x with some of our data. We created a ticket(#459
https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/459) to document our problems,
and I have been testing this issue with all of the updated releases, and
I continue to see the same results. We can't zoom all the way into our
maps without the server locking up and consuming all of the CPU, which
is stopping us from moving a production environment to MGOS 2. We've
been able to modify 1.2 to suit our needs for almost everything with
plugins; and if we couldn't add a specific feature, we went in another
direction.

So far, that has been a killer for our migration.