[mapguide-users] SQL Import Spatial Data

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Oct 10 13:28:21 EDT 2008

Not sure what AD is.

SQL Server 2008 does not support curves.  Not much to elaborate on there

It also does not (or at least did not in the RCs that I tested) support
spatial queries against invalid (by OGC definition) geometries.  Any
data error would cause spatial queries to throw an exception.  This
causes problems because Autodesk allows you to create invalid
geometries, and every single MapGuide query includes an
EnvelopeIntersects spatial filter.

You may want to test for yourself against the final version of SQL
Server 2008 (I haven't played with it yet) but my understanding was that
this behaviour wouldn't be altered before release.

Jason

From: ed57gmc-bus

Subject: Re: [mapguide-users] SQL Import Spatial Data

Could you please elaborate on this. I have recieved mssql 2008 and was
considering using it with AD for my app.