[mapguide-users] SQL Import Spatial Data

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Oct 10 14:22:33 EDT 2008

Ah.  Yes, I think MapGuide's authentication is fine, but the
authorization model is a bit dysfunctional.

Active Directory / LDAP are not directly supported, so you'd have to
test group membership in your application and map this to the
appropriate RO/RW users on the MapGuide server, and make sure that
everything goes over SSL.

This doesn't isolate you from poorly-behaved users or CSS attacks
stealing a session key and using it directly against the web tier
though.  I think the only way of dealing with this particular issue is
fixing the MapGuide security model.

Jason

From: ed57gmc-bus
Subject: Re: [mapguide-users] SQL Import Spatial Data

AD is Active Directory. I was planning on using it for authentication. I
forgot who it was that said it, but they felt that mg's security was
"broken".