[mapguide-users] Adding a point to a map... PLZ Help!!! (.NET - C#)

Galois amihalas at yahoo.gr
Mon Oct 13 09:04:01 EDT 2008

Hello,

I´m trying to add a point to a map but I have no idea how to it.

I have declare the map object, and also I create a point with it's
coordinates.

But I don't know what is the next step that I have to do...

The code follows....

{
    public string sessionId;
    public string webLayout;

    {
        string physicalPath = @"C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource\WebServerExtensions\www\webconfig.ini";

        try
        {
            MapGuideApi.MgInitializeWebTier(physicalPath);

            passAndSession();

            //Associate a session ID with the MgSiteConnection Object
            MgUserInformation userInfo_new = new
MgUserInformation(sessionId);

            MgSiteConnection siteConnection = new MgSiteConnection();

            siteConnection.Open(userInfo_new);

            MgResourceService resourceSrvc =
(MgResourceService)siteConnection.CreateService(MgServiceType.ResourceService);

            MgMap map = new MgMap(siteConnection);

            webLayout =
"Library://GoSpatial/Web+Layouts/Autostrada+Brescia+Padova+Map.WebLayout";

            MgResourceIdentifier resId = new
MgResourceIdentifier("Library://GoSpatial/Maps/Italy Map.MapDefinition");

            String mapName = resId.GetName();

            MgResourceIdentifier mapStateId = new
MgResourceIdentifier("Session:" + sessionId + "//" + mapName + "." +
MgResourceType.Map);

            map.Create(resourceSrvc, resId, mapName);

            map.Save(resourceSrvc, mapStateId);

            map.Open(resourceSrvc, mapName);

            createPoint();

        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
            throw (ex);
        }
    }

    public string passAndSession()
    {
        MgUserInformation userInfo = new MgUserInformation("Administrator",
"admin");

        MgSite site = new MgSite();

        site.Open(userInfo);

        sessionId = site.CreateSession();
        return sessionId;
    }

    public MgPoint createPoint()
    {
        MgGeometryFactory geometryFactory = new MgGeometryFactory();

        MgCoordinateXY coordinate = (MgCoordinateXY)
geometryFactory.CreateCoordinateXY(10.913161, 45.408046);

        MgPoint point = geometryFactory.CreatePoint(coordinate);
        return point;
    }
}