[mapguide-users] Generate map tiles from Oracle data

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 21:03:16 EDT 2008

I'm pretty much certain if the user has access and the tile exists,
depending on the viewing
technology the schema is bypassed. The tile cache service will
actually also create tile folders
for scales which are outside the scale range if requested.

Basically, it comes down to legends in viewers, both fusion and the
classic viewers have legends
which slow things down as they enumerate all the layers and
featuresources in the map for each
user. The upcoming schema caching RFC will really help.

If you simply access the map as a layer via openlayers, you can
bypasss all of that
and produce an extremely very scalable solution, alas with no legend.

Using my httpTileCache patch for openlayers you can actually
completely bypass the mapguide server
in the above configuration and serve your map tiles ( with cache
semantics ie proxyable ) via something
extremely fast and lighweight like nginx

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Jason Birch <Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca> wrote:
>> Yep, tiles are cache and therefore it will bypass oracle
>> completely once the tiled cache is seeded
>
> I think that there may still be some issues due to the schema
> fetches that are run during initialization.  These will be be
> alleviated somewhat in 2.1, and in newer versions of Fusion,
> but I think that they may currently show up for Oracle-based
> maps, tiled or not.
>
> Jason

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com (My Blog)