[mapguide-users] Generate map tiles from Oracle data

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Oct 16 11:24:52 EDT 2008

Unfortunately, no.  In my opinion, this is a design flaw in MapGuide;
base layer groups should be their own entity that is "included" in other
maps.  Currently, you can not share them, and any changes in the dynamic
map invalidates the layer cache.

If you are using OpenLayers directly, rather than Fusion or the Ajax
viewer, I think you can work around this by including two MapGuide maps,
one tiled and one untiled.  My hope is that a future version of Fusion
(2.0?) will allow you to do this as well.

Jason