[mapguide-users] Please help! Has anybody usedKing.Oracleinrealconditions?

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Mon Oct 27 11:03:04 EDT 2008

I think we figured out what was the problem of memory issue with
King.Oracle.

Reason for memory issue is that default version of oraocci10.dll file
which comes with Oracle client is for application build with VC71.

King.Oracle (same as FDO and MapGuide) is build with VC8 (Visual Studio
2005) and beacuse of that oraocci10.dll build for VC8 has to be used.

Problem was not so obvious with previous releases of King.Oracle ,
because we suplied Oracle client files from our web site with correct
VC8 version of required oracle files.

There is link on oracle site with matrix of required files and compiler
versions.
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/oci/occi/occidownloads.html

I believe we will start again to post version of provider together with
required Oracle instant client files to try to make it easier to use.

Haris