[mapguide-users] TileCache, dynamic layers, and the Session
zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 12:45:34 EDT 2008
my little tile service wish list:
1. a do not purge header setting for mapdefinition's
2. don't purge the tile cache when updating a db feature source definition
3. add basic cache headers for tiles
4. a HasTile function something along the lines of a http head which doesn't
5. PutTile for pushing tiles around between a cluster of servers
6. Meta tiling (generating bigger tiles and slicing them into smaller ones)
7. Base layer group specific image formats ( ie make raster JPG and my carto
1. is desperately need http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/729
2. is being worked on http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/642
3,4,5 can be done via scripts and exposing the tile cache via http which I
have been doing myself for a while (nginx is super fast and lightweight)
6. is a huge performance win, i did some mucking around with imagemagik
and a php and it was quite compelling. What was impractical is the fact the
is a server wide setting so you don't really want to do this unless the
dedicated just for meta tiling (coz all mapguide clients assume 300px sq
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 2:58 AM, Jason Birch <Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca> wrote:
> So, if you modify the runtime map, the tile cache no longer pulls images
> from Repositories/TileCache, but starts storing tiles under the session?
> That's bizarre.
> I know that RFC11 tried to move away from using the session repository
> for anything tile-based, but I wonder if the line "if a map's tile cache
> is cleared or its MapDefinition changed, the corresponding MgMap
> serialized form will be removed from the cache" has anything to do with
> the behaviour you are seeing.
> In general, the MapGuide tile cache could definitely stand some
> improvements, especially in making it easier to develop persistent tile
> caches that can be shared by multiple maps (including runtime maps) and
> without fear of invalidating the cache.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: gingerbbm
> Subject: [mapguide-users] TileCache, dynamic layers, and the Session
> If I'm dynamically adding a session-specific layer to a map that employs
> base layer groups (i.e. tiles), is there any way to avoid having a
> session-specific tile cache generated?
> The dynamic layer is served via a separate request
> (GETDYNAMICMAPOVERLAYIMAGE) as a separate image - so in theory I should
> able to have one tile cache used by all sessions.
> If this isn't possible it rather defeats the object of having a tile
> at all.
> mapguide-users mailing list
> mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.org
Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com (My Blog)
+61 405 847 168
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mapguide-users