[mapguide-users] Bypassing initial view at startup - and adding a layer

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Thu Sep 4 05:42:03 EDT 2008

Having solved the first issue of altering the web layout, I now need a
polygon to appear in the initial view.

I have working code to create a polygon based on a passed-in WKT string but
again am struggling conceptually with how to integrate this into the initial
view code.

At the moment this is what I'm doing:
1. Load the Map Definition from the Library as XML then save it to the
Session.
2. Load the Web Layout from the Library as XML, change the x, y, scale and
<ResourceId/> values (the latter to point to my Session Map Definition),
then save it to the Session.
3. Create a new map using the Session Map Definition and invoke my
polygon-creation code.
4. Save the map to the Session.
5. Direct the Ajax Viewer to the Session Web Layout.

The code runs and the map opens but the polygon isn't there. From reading
various threads I think what's happening is that the runtime map I'm
creating is simply being discarded (despite saving it to the session). I'd
appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks
Stuart