[mapguide-users] Extending the functionality of built-in commands (Ajax viewer)

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Fri Sep 5 12:58:12 EDT 2008

This is my challenge: as the user pans the map (using the Ajax viewer) I need
to update the feature class of one of the layers.

(Based upon the coordinates I can work out which database table the feature
class must be changed to.)

My current idea is to put a synchronous call to a bespoke PHP during the
relevant JavaScript functions (such as Pan()) which will alter the runtime
map. When control returns to the JavaScript, RequestMap() will ultimately be
called and thus display my altered map. But to me this seems a bit nasty.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks
Stuart