[mapguide-users] Map doesn't show, where to look for errors (any logs?) Java version.

inspiron2 vistav20 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 22:57:58 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have set up MapGuide open source on W2003 using the Apache, Tomcat and
Java setup. Everything runs fine (tested using various methods given in
Autodesk and opensource docs).

When I try the
http://servername:8008/mapguide/javaviewersample/ajaxviewersample.jsp or
http://servername:8008/mapguide/javaviewersample/ajaxtiledviewersample.jsp
urls, the web pages show up all find and dany, but without any map! I tried
zooming in and out, and all, but still no maps. Everything else looks OK.
For example, when I move the mouse in the map window, X and Y value update
in the status bar just below the map window.

I loaded the javasample.mgp using site admin, and it's load was successful.
I can even connect using Autodesk MapGuide Studio 2009, and it shows the map
fine from the same mgp file. I just can't see the map in the web page.

Any ideas?

I am using Firefox 3.0.1 on Windows XP professional.

If anyone wants to see what the web page looks like (without the map), it
can be seen here: http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mapwindowwk4.jpg

thx