[mapguide-users] Editinginmge2008

srie ryne_79 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 07:00:43 EDT 2008

Hi all, I have the same problem.. my client wants the ability to create and
edit their gis data(mapinfo or shape) using mapguide, currently I'm using
mgos2.0 & mgstudio 2009.

My options:
1-use ogr provider to manipulate mapinfo data..but after some research, the
classes either in C or C++
2-use shp provider to manipulate shapefiles
3-use mysql, then have to create export button so their can export mysql
data to shp or mapinfo (can ogr2ogr convert mysql to shape?)

The limitations:
1-the files must load fast, I know it sound ridiculous but let say the same
data being put in above file types..which one use less time to load?
2-My strength only in php and mysql and I have 1 month to develop since I
get this job from someone who reject it!..arghhh>-(