[mapguide-users] Still tortured by lack of coordinate systems- on windows this time

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Mon Sep 22 07:57:27 EDT 2008

The "last resort" (that is before actually building and debugging
mapguide)  is to use "ProcessMonitor":
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Using this tool you can monitor any file and/or registry access on your
machine.
Restart MapGuide, then fire up the tool.

Use the MapAgent to try to read the coordinate systems.
Once you get the broken results, go back to process monitor, and stop
the monitor.
It will have many unwanted entries.
Find mgserver.exe, right click it, and choose "include mgserver.exe".
You now have all the stuff that MapGuide does when loading.
Now try to filter the "Result" column, by exluding "SUCCESS" results.
After some digging you should be able to see a "categories.txt" that
returns a "file not found".
Once located, you can place the categories.txt file in this location,
and restart MapGuide.

If you report your findings, this bug can hopefully be fixed for future
releases.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S