[mapguide-users] show/hide TaskArea (right menu)

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 11:48:18 EDT 2008

The url you posted goes nowhere.

Anyways, you cannot actually toggle the visibility of the task area as there
are actually two distinct viewer frames (one with the task pane
(framesettaskbar.templ), and one without (framesetnotaskbar.templ)). Which
one gets loaded depends on the settings in your weblayout.

So the way to do it would be to copy the weblayout you want to load into a
session repository and initially load your viewer from that session resource
id. Then when you want to toggle visibility, you would change the weblayout
xml in the session-based weblayout and reload your top-level viewer URL.

It is a bit cumbersome, but the AJAX viewer is quite inflexible so there
isn't really a better way (aside from using Fusion).

- Jackie