[mapguide-users] Re: MapGuide Open Source 2.0.2 released

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed Sep 24 05:03:19 EDT 2008

You should also be aware that raster reprojection is not supported in
MapGuide yet:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc51

So, WMS will not work if your map does not have the exact same
coordinate system.

As of MapGuide OS 2.0, you can supply coordinate system overrides on all
featuresources.
Using a tool such as Maestro or MapGuide Studio, you can easily set the
correct coordinate system.
(This won't work if the coordinate systems are not value compatible)

Vector data should convert fine between most coordinate systems.

If you are hitting the default SRID as Zac notes, it is probably because
MG EP uses Mentor,
and MG OS uses PROJ.4 for now:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc55

As for stability, MGOS 2.0.2 is just out, and reportedly much more stable.

As for MG EP, you will have to ask on ADN, as that is purely an Autodesk
issue.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S