SPAM-LOW: [mapguide-users] Raster files

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Wed Apr 1 11:10:07 EDT 2009

You can create a GDAL raster datasource that points to the root of a
directory.  If you then create a layer from that datasource, all images in
that folder will be included in the layer rendering.  For performance, it is
best to create a tile index.  MapGuide Maestro makes this step fairly easy.

There is some information on this available here including an older method
for using a script to create the tile index config files.

http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoGdalNotes#CreatingTileIndexConfigFiles

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
www.SpatialGIS.com