[mapguide-users] Modify layout information with code

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Apr 2 02:55:57 EDT 2009

The MapGuide API only exposes the WebLayout and MapDefinition as Xml, so
you basically
have to read the xml (using GetResourceContent) and write it back (using
SetResource).

I have made an API for dealing with this in .Net, and an example can be
found here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro/MaestroAPI/samples/AddInitialLayer

If you choose to go for the raw Xml approach, you can probably see what
the xml tags are called from the above code.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S