[mapguide-users] Layer Zoom Scale

Dave Wilson dave.wilson at autodesk.com
Thu Apr 2 14:55:54 EDT 2009

There are 2 distinct concepts that may not be obvious to most people.

To restrict the scale ranges of a Map that doesn't use base layers currently the map author has to set the upper and lower bounds on the layers themselves. The defaults for layers are 0 to Infinity, but this can certainly be changed for every layer so that the map displays nothing below 10000  or above 500000 for example. This doesn't stop the user from zooming further in either direction, but with no data it's kind of pointless. There is no easily configurable limit that can be set in Studio.

As to the default when previewing the map when in split screen you should notice a link enable that allows the author to "Use current map zoom to set these coordinates". The author can zoom in and set the default view using this link. The bounds on the map aren't restrictions, just an initial state.

The bounds for previewing can be overridden in both layout definitions as well should the author use the map in multiple layouts.

Does that answer your question?

Dave