[mapguide-users] re: mapguide integration with google maps

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Fri Apr 3 11:55:00 EDT 2009

I hadn't looked at the out-of-the-box functionality of the mapagent KML
operations, but yes, it looks like quite a bit is broken for Google Earth 5.
I had some similar problems with my custom MGOS / Google Earth application
(available on the MGOS Demo Sites page) which I just debugged this week.
There is a bug in GE 5 where network links do not auto refresh when using
onStop viewrefreshmode.  Google has acknowledged this bug.  To work-around
it (for whatever reason this works), the following needs to be in the
network link definition:

How it normally would be generated through the mapagent:

<viewRefreshMode>onStop</viewRefreshMode>
<viewRefreshTime>1</viewRefreshTime>

How it needs to be generated to work with GE 5:

<refreshMode>onInterval</refreshMode>
<refreshinterval>9999</refreshinterval>
<viewRefreshMode>onStop</viewRefreshMode>
<viewRefreshTime>1</viewRefreshTime>

I will also add this information as a new Trac ticket.  I do not think this
is the only problem with the mapagent KML and GE 5, however.  It looks like
there's other things going on but I have not dug into them.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
www.SpatialGIS.com