[mapguide-internals] RE: [mapguide-users] Fusion and Themed Layers - usability

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 14:28:54 EDT 2009

just realized my posts are bouncing because I sent them from a
different mail account ...

In mapserver, we build the legend sprite when the map is loaded.  If
the sprite information is available for any given layer, it is reused
otherwise the normal process is used (which catches dynamic layers).
It would be possible to modify this to point to a static image file if
the appropriate offsets were also cached, but there may be some
problems figuring out which layer is which (does the uuid of a layer
change at run time?)

The strip needs to be generated once when the map is loaded rather
than dynamically via a php file as the source of an image to make it
workable (you need the offsets anyway so why not draw it once)

Cheers

Paul