[mapguide-users] Filter features before create the map

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Wed Apr 8 03:15:02 EDT 2009

With "load the features", do you mean:
* select them ?
* create a temporary featuresource and display them?
* add a filter to a layer, and display that?

If you meant the last one, you should save a copy of the filtered
LayerDefinition to the session repo.
Then create a copy of the MapDefinition, alter the layer's resourceid to
point at the temp layer.
Then do the same with the WebLayout, and start the viewer with the temp
WebLayout.

A basic outline of the startup process can be seen here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/maestro/MaestroAPI/samples/AddInitialLayer

The example uses the MaestroAPI, but the approach is the same,
regardless of the API.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S