[mapguide-users] [MapGuide OSE FDO Oracle SL-King0.8.5]HolePolygon Type 7 Problem

djonio DJonio at miami-airport.com
Fri Apr 10 11:08:49 EDT 2009

Some language issues here …
Yes, I have used Mapd3d’s export to Oracle and found it unworkable for my needs. I just could not figure out how to control the thing. Plus, as you state, it outputs in 3d. My organization has no use for 3d so it complicated things unnecessarily.
I used to do the export from Map3d and then strip off the Z using the function “TO_2D” as I described. As time has gone on I have developed my own Map3d to Oracle translator and have never looked back. In case you are interested: http://www.topologyframework.blogspot.com/

r,
dennis