[mapguide-users] Tiling and Map Sessions

Crispin_at_1Spatial crispin.hoult at 1spatial.com
Tue Apr 21 05:23:33 EDT 2009

Hi,

In creating session maps (normal MapGuide per-user layers etc) and then
viewing in AJAX viewer the tile-cache that is generated becomes prefixed
with the session ID so (IMHO) obliterating much of the advantage of a cache
as the tiles have to be generated for every session and thus adding a
performance overhead, a big ongoing space-management issue and inability to
use pre-rendered tiles?

As we only utilise tiled maps for purely background mapping based on raster
layers I would like to use a common tile-cache of base-layers shared amongst
my session maps/layouts.

At present pre-tiling and using HTTP is not an option (estimated time to
complete tiling: 2011)

Zac, Bruno, anyone - I'm sure you have been here?

 Crispin