[mapguide-users] Store point geom: ODBC or Native

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 04:25:11 EDT 2009

There's probably some conversion overhead involved with ODBC points, that you
won't have with native storage.

Unless you need to have your SQL Server 2008 database interop with other
systems (that can't understand SQL Server 2008 spatial data types), you
should go native where possible.

Also using MSSQL spatial provider exposes the full set of geometry types,
not just points.

- Jackie