[mapguide-users] Store point geom: ODBC or Native

Martin Morrison martin.morrison at edsi.com
Fri Apr 24 07:56:48 EDT 2009

What you should be asking is really three different things.

1) ODBC
2) Native
3) MSSQL Spatial

I think there would be a general consensus that ODBC would be the slowest performing of the three.  Native is quick, it would be acceptable.  In my opinion you should be looking at MSSQL Spatial, in addition to the indexing that Zac mentioned, you also gain the benefit of spreading the workload out among other processes.  You should run benchmarks to determine your best fit.

Martin