[mapguide-users] Trying to create an ajax search thingo

Jamo adam.jamison at portbris.com.au
Mon Apr 27 23:44:01 EDT 2009

Cheers Jackie I've fixed it up changed the MgSelection to MgSelectionBase
where needed.

Also changed the
MgSelection thisSel = new MgSelection() to MgSelectionBase thisSel = new
MgSelectionBase(map); which i think has fixed up the issue

Another issue thats got me stunned is this doesn't work......
    foreach (MgLayerBase cLayer in cadFeatures.GetLayers())
    {
      Response.Write(cLayer.GetClassDefinition().GetProperties().Count);
    }
However at the same point in code this does?

      string layerClassName = cLayer.GetFeatureClassName();
      string selectionString = cadFeatures.GenerateFilter(cLayer,
layerClassName);
      string layerFeatureId = cLayer.GetFeatureSourceId();
      MgResourceIdentifier layerFeatureResource = new
MgResourceIdentifier(layerFeatureId);
      MgFeatureQueryOptions queryOptions = new MgFeatureQueryOptions();
      queryOptions.SetFilter(selectionString);
      MgFeatureReader featureReader =
FeatureService.SelectFeatures(layerFeatureResource, layerClassName,
queryOptions);

Response.Write(featureReader.GetClassDefinition().GetProperties().Count);

I'm not too sure on why or how but I'm not too fussed unless this extra
creation of a MgSelection Set will cause twice as much waiting....