[mapguide-users] Can you group features?

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 06:42:18 EDT 2009

You have to use a MultiXXX geometry type. (MultiPoint, MultiLineString, etc)

To make these types in AutoCAD Map (2009 onwards AFAIK), right click your
FDO layer in your Display Manager, and choose "New Feature from Geometry",
then you can select all your disconnected (AutoCAD) lines, and they should
be created as a single logical Multi feature (if the FDO layer's geometry
storage permits it).

Then if you select any one of the lines, the whole group should be selected,
MapGuide should exhibit the same behaviour.

Hope that helps.

- Jackie