[mapguide-users] Fwd: Adding layer permanently to a map dynamically

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Thu Aug 6 01:40:10 EDT 2009

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 21:53:02 -0700, amit shukla <ashukla.it at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am a newbie. I want  that a layer created by a user will be added to
> the map permanently. The layer is added to the map but when I refresh
> the layer disappears. Kindly tell me how can I change the map
> definition. It would be very helpful if someone provide code for this.

This topic has been discussed several times on this list; the most recent
was in a thread last week with the title "Having problem in adding a layer
to the map permanently" (Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 03:53:19 -0700). You can
find it in the list archive, the address of which is included in the
headers of every message: "List-Archive:
<http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapguide-users>".

I posted some sample code in that thread that shows how to modify the
MapDefinition.

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.