[mapguide-users] Change order of fields displayed in properties pane?

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Thu Aug 13 12:05:33 EDT 2009

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 07:50:21 -0700, Jo Cook <j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk>
wrote:

> Is it possible to specify the order in which fields are displayed in the
> properties pane? Currently it seems to display them in alphabetical
> order, rather than the order in which they appear in the data source.
> The only way I can think of getting round it at the moment is to number
> all of the properties, which will look a bit strange...

I don't know of any way to specify the sort order. The workaround we use,
rather than numbering the property names, is to insert leading spaces in
the property names. This causes them to be sorted according to number of
leading spaces, but since HTML collapses whitespace to a single space the
display still looks looks good.

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.