[mapguide-users] Raster Images MrSID

Mark Hedges hedgesm at cityofnorthlasvegas.com
Fri Aug 14 11:07:46 EDT 2009

Hi All,
I cannot seem to find a way to make this work.  I have MGE 2009 configured
on our production server and everything works fine.  I have loaded the
latest Open Source 2.0.2 along with Mapguide Studio on a stand alone laptop.
I have an overall aerial file in mrsid format that I tried loading on the
laptop the same way as I did on my server by dragging the mrsid file to the
Data folder.  A new Load Procedure is created, my coordinates of the mrsid
file are displayed under the "Image Settings" tab and I then update the
coordinate system to NV83-EF.  When I select the "Load Resources" button I
get the following error: Server Does Not Support Requested Provider:
Autodesk Raster.  So I have looked all thru this board and have tried many
different things with no luck.  Some of the things I tried are: Copying the
mrsid_plugin_gdal14_vc8.zip and ecw_plugin_gdal14_vc8.zip to the directories
stated, started and stopped the server, did a coordinate system overide, and
a few more I'm sure.  Upon loading the (2) zip files I followed the
instructions to do a new data connection and one thing I did not see was an
editor that says "Configure a Feature Resource using the Generic Editor".
Could this be my problem?  Either was I select the OSGeo FDO provider for
Raster.  Once the New Feature Source dialog box is opened I scroll down past
the connection properties, username, password and select the "New" button
from the Data Files area.  I select the mrsid file, do a coordinate system
overide, test connection and save.  After I config the layer and put on my
map I don't see anything.  I open my map. Open my Aerial Folder, Select my
layer to display and nothing.  I see the status bar doing something for a
few seconds but nothing is displayed.  I would appreciate any help that is
offered.  Thank you in advance for any help received.