[mapguide-users] Working with labels in map viewer

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Aug 20 08:03:01 EDT 2009

You have very little control over labels, they are automatically placed
on top of the objects the label.
You have some offset and rotation, but it is difficult to use for
absolute positioning.

I would recommend that you use points (in same datasource or seperate)
and use those to
position the labels correctly.

There are no interactive editing of labels or features in the AJAX viewer.
If you use OpenLayers (or Fusion), you could extract the points
as a vector layer, which can then be manipulated and has mouse events.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S