[mapguide-users] RE: MG Security question

Bruce Dechant bruce.dechant at autodesk.com
Wed Aug 26 17:58:08 EDT 2009

Tom,

I don't know of any document describing the security of MGOS.

In regards to your concern over serveradminhelper it is hard coded to use the default administrator user name and password - so credentials are still required just no dialog. If you plan on using MGOS or any other system that uses logon credentials it is always recommended that you change the default administrator credentials. However, I do think that the serveradminhelper pages need to be updated so that credentials are asked in a dialog instead of being hard coded.

Thanks,
Bruce