[mapguide-users] Administering site remotely

Neil_w nwilson at sec-landmgt.com
Tue Dec 1 14:39:11 EST 2009

Dave,

Actually I don't really need to administer the services and probably don't
need to administer the site. I just need to figure out what is preventing me
from accessing the maps. For example, I cannot view the Sheyboygan sample
map remotely. I have to log in to the server and view it via the server's
web browser.

I'm not sure if it a setup issue, a firewall issue or something else. All I
know is I can't view the maps or access the Mapguide server using the
//localhost:8008.. url unless I am logged in to the main server.

Again, I'm not educated in Networking so it may be a simple problem. I don't
have enough info from the setup guides or the help system to figure out what
to do.

I don't know if our Antivirus is preventing me from accessing the Firewall
settings or if it something else, nor do I know how to determine what it is.
Our in-house network guy is out of town for the week so I don't have anyone
to help.

I am hoping this is a common issue for new users and there may be an answer
here. So far I haven't hit on anything helpful in my searches.