[mapguide-users] MGOS 2.1 - One(1) good Two(2) bad

Neil_w nwilson at sec-landmgt.com
Tue Dec 8 14:33:42 EST 2009

Hi Dennis,

While I haven't invested years into this endeavor as perhaps you and others
have, I came into it with the expectation that I could get a website up and
running in a few days or weeks, not years, based on what I saw and heard in
a presentation. After running into so many issues I am starting to wonder if
I should continue, especially not knowing if I'm going to end up with a
product that doesn't really suit our needs. So please bear with me in my
frustration. Not only do us new users have to work through the learning
curve, we also have to deal with defects in the software as it evolves and
with the lack of coherent documentation or tutorials to boot. This is my
first venture into OpenSource.

As for getting Mapguide Studio, we are on subscription for Civil3D, not Map,
so I don't know if we are qualified to get Studio. ADESK's subscription
service seems to be down right now so I can't find out yet. I'll post again
when I know. That could be a life saver.

I'll do some more reasearch into the TIF issue. I don't know that it is a
Maestro issue. Based on what I'm seeing with MGOS 2.1 and SID's it appears
there is a problem on that end that may account for my TIF issues.