[mapguide-users] "Failed to read schema..." error with GDAL

Hardt preinhart at environcorp.com
Mon Dec 14 09:55:41 EST 2009

Hi,

I created a raster datasource with GDAL.

When I create a layer using this datasource, after I selected the Feature
Resource, I get an error message saying

"Failed read schema from data source.
The operation gave the error message: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: input"

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n4164488/Capture.png

After that, I can select a schema (always default:default), and in the
Raster field, sometimes I get "image", sometimes I get "raster" (it seems to
depend on which editor I used when I created the datasource)

I found no error in MG logs, and the DescribeSchema tool gives me this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
targetNamespace="http://fdo.osgeo.org/schemas/feature/default"
xmlns:fdo="http://fdo.osgeo.org/schemas"
xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
xmlns:default="http://fdo.osgeo.org/schemas/feature/default"
- <xs:element name="default" type="default:defaultType" abstract="false"
substitutionGroup="gml:_Feature">
- <xs:key name="defaultKey">
  <xs:selector xpath=".//default" />
  <xs:field xpath="FeatId" />
  </xs:key>
  </xs:element>
- <xs:complexType name="defaultType" abstract="false">
- <xs:complexContent>
- <xs:extension base="fdo:ClassType">
- <xs:sequence>
- <xs:element name="FeatId">
- <xs:simpleType>
- <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
  <xs:maxLength value="256" />
  </xs:restriction>
  </xs:simpleType>
  </xs:element>
  <xs:element name="Raster" type="fdo:RasterPropertyType"
fdo:defaultImageXSize="1024" fdo:defaultImageYSize="1024" />
  </xs:sequence>
  </xs:extension>
  </xs:complexContent>
  </xs:complexType>
  </xs:schema>

I can use the layer in a map, but as I explained in another thread today,
there are other problems with coordinate systems etc...

What means the "schema" error, and how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Hardt