[mapguide-users] OnPointDigitized and GetTransform

Steve G steve.golden at morganhill.ca.gov
Mon Feb 2 20:22:53 EST 2009

I am trying to create a tool in the task pane where you click a button and
then click on the map which will get the x, y coordinates and open in google
maps.  I have found the sample onpointdigitized php example and copied the
code and it works pretty well to get the x, y coordinates.  The next step is
that my map is in state plane california III (feet) projection, so the map
units (feet) do not correlate to google maps (WGS84, decimal degrees).  I
know there is the GetTransform()  function, but I haven't been able to
figure out how to implement the code (put it all together with the
onpointdigitized).  I was wondering if anyone could provide some help.  It's
basically joining the two together and then sending the code to google maps
(I already got an API key).

Any help would greatly be appreciated (I am more of a GIS user than
programmer)!

Thanks,

-Steve