[mapguide-users] how to use FDO api into MAPGUIDE applications

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Sat Feb 7 04:50:01 EST 2009

That is true, for instructions, head over to the FDO site:
http://fdo.osgeo.org/

The trick to using the FDO libraries, is that you must replicate the
setup information stored in MapGuide.
For SHP files, this means that you must have the file's path, and access
to it.
If you store the SHP file as resource data (aka. internal, managed), you
can call
GetResourceData and SetResourceData to load and save the SHP file.

The insert and updates are done with the MgFeatureService.UpdateFeatures
function.

The reason that you cannot create SHP files, using the MapGuide API,
is that there is only a MgCreateSdfParams class, and no MgCreateShpParams.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S