[mapguide-users] Export feature to shp

Jackie Ng jumpinjackie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 15:38:58 EST 2009

You will have to use the FDO API to create your SHP file (see
http://n2.nabble.com/Writing-data-to-a-shapefile-example--td1815692.html)
and then use either MapGuide or FDO APIs to copy the selected features
across.

However, SHP is not very flexible as an output format as it can only support
one type of geometry and a very small selection of data types. There will be
problems if your set of selected features contains something that SHP will
not accept.

- Jackie