[mapguide-users] mapguide, google maps and open layers

Rodolfo Moreno rmoreno at voxiva.com
Mon Feb 9 12:31:12 EST 2009

The projection of my map is WGS84 (at least it is said by the metadata of the
SHPs).

I have tested with other map and the overlaying is OK. Next I have tested
with other map whose projection is different to the google maps (WGS84) and
I could see that the mapguide layer is out of place. However when I did zoom
in/out/ or pan the mapguide layer didn't change its position with reference
to the google maps unlike the above map that when I did zoom in/out or pan
the position with reference to the google maps changed such as the images
show.

maybe the metadata information is wrong. which projection is used in Alberta
Canada?
My idea is assign this projection a my original SHPs and NEXT transform it
to WGS84

Regards,

gingerbbm wrote:

> Is this not a projection issue? The projection of your overlay data from
> MapGuide needs to match that used by Google Maps.

-----
Rodolfo Moreno
CivilEng