[mapguide-users] Joins using FDO SQL Server Spatial

wordsy mwordell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 16:35:17 EST 2009

Hello Everyone;

I have all my spatial and attribute data stored in an SQL Server 2008 GIS
enabled database.  My table structure is as such.  BaseTable (with base
attributes) and FeatureTable (with more detailed attibutes).  I have created
views that join each FeatureTable with a BaseTable (1 to 1 relationship).
The FeatureTable has the Geometry datatype field in it.

The view created makes the layer unselectable on the map.  But if I do a
view directly on the FeatureTable, the features are now selecteble.

My question is:

Can I not use inner joins (or any other joins) using this FDO (SQL Server
Spatial) ??  Anyone else run into this problem before?

Thanks in advance for any help.