[mapguide-users] Regarding Linking of Layers with Map at run time

ravinder.singh at BIRLASOFT.COM ravinder.singh at BIRLASOFT.COM
Fri Feb 13 09:45:11 EST 2009

Hi All,

I have created the map definition in maestro and also created a web
layout, and I have hundreds of Maps, and each map will have a single
layer, but I don't want to create the hundreds of maps for each single
layer. For that purpose I though I will just make a single map and will
associate the layer at run time to that map. So I wrote the following
set of code for Sheboygan sample

But when I reach to map.Save(resourceSrvc, mapName)

it gives me the error

MgXmlParserException {"An exception occurred in the XML parser."}

And also I tried with Map.Open and then the following error comes

Resource was not found:
Session:b275c3b6-ffff-ffff-8000-001a4bb4a756_en_7F0000010AFC0AFB0AFA//Sa
mples/Sheboygan/Sheboygan.MapDefinition

I have written the following code

MgUserInformation userInfo = new MgUserInformation(defaultUser,
defaultPassword);

      MgSite site = new MgSite();

      site.Open(userInfo);

      sessionId = site.CreateSession();

MgUserInformation userInfo_new = new MgUserInformation(sessionId);

      MgSiteConnection siteConnection = new MgSiteConnection();

      siteConnection.Open(userInfo_new);

MgResourceService resourceSrvc =
(MgResourceService)siteConnection.CreateService(MgServiceType.ResourceSe
rvice);

MgResourceIdentifier mapName = new MgResourceIdentifier("Session:" +
sessionId + "//Samples/Sheboygan/Sheboygan.MapDefinition");

      MgMap map = new MgMap();

      map.Open(resourceSrvc, mapName); // Here the problem comes

      map.Save(resourceSrvc, mapName); // Here the problem comes

I am using .net aspx with map guide 2.0

Thanks & Regards,

Ravinder Singh

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain Birlasoft confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,any disclosure,copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail at (administrator at birlasoft.com) and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."