[mapguide-users] Regarding How to set the Initial Map View

ravinder.singh at BIRLASOFT.COM ravinder.singh at BIRLASOFT.COM
Wed Feb 18 08:04:16 EST 2009

Hi Kenneth,

I have gone thru the file you referred.

I have problem in Topology.Geometries.IEnvelope env =
ldef.GetSpatialExtent(); at line no 1912

GetSpatialExtent() method is not coming in in ldef object I created.

And then I tried to write just the following code

OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.LayerDefinition ldef =
conn.GetLayerDefinition(mylayer.ResourceId);

//Topology.Geometries.IEnvelope env = ldef

OSGeo.MapGuide.MaestroAPI.FdoSpatialContextList lst =
conn.GetSpatialContextInfo(ldef.Item.ResourceId, false);

 mapDef.Extents.MinX =
System.Convert.ToDouble(lst.SpatialContext[0].Extent.LowerLeftCoordinate
.X);

 mapDef.Extents.MinY =
System.Convert.ToDouble(lst.SpatialContext[0].Extent.LowerLeftCoordinate
.Y);

 mapDef.Extents.MaxX =
System.Convert.ToDouble(lst.SpatialContext[0].Extent.UpperRightCoordinat
e.X);

 mapDef.Extents.MaxY =
System.Convert.ToDouble(lst.SpatialContext[0].Extent.UpperRightCoordinat
e.Y);

Which gives me the incorrect coordinates, I verify it with maestro, it
is different from that one showing in maestro, in effect the viewer also
is not able to show the map.

Thanks

Ravinder