[mapguide-users] Connect to MS SQL Server - problems

Stefan Dalakov s.dalakov at mapware.net
Tue Feb 24 08:46:31 EST 2009

Thank you, Jason.
SL King provider for SQL server does not recognize Map3D geometry
columns, so I installed MS SQL server2008. Apart from the fact that
installation of Server Management Studio did not install it correctly, I
managed to transfer my 2005 database to 2008 - using FDO Bulk copy. Now
MGOS is able to connect to data, geometry type of the data in tables is
recognized  but I see nothing on screen.
The error log shows :

<2009-02-24T15:26:46>     Ajax Viewer    127.0.0.1    Administrator
 Error: Failed to stylize layer: sql2008layer2
        An exception occurred in FDO component.
        RDBMS: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot
call methods on image.
 StackTrace:
  - MgMappingUtil.StylizeLayers line 786 file
d:\build\mapguide_open_source_v2.0\build_30.11\mgdev\server\src\services\mapping\MappingUtil.cpp
Failed to stylize layer: sql2008layer2

An exception occurred in FDO component.

RDBMS: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot call
methods on image.

Anyone has ideas ?

Stefan Dalakov