[mapguide-users] Need help troubleshooting why Point Label won't display on map

aktaylor akt at frikshun.com
Sat Jan 3 17:33:41 EST 2009

Hello all,

I've got a PointsLayer on which I'm trying to draw a symbol and label.

The PointsLayer is created succesfully and I can see the mark symbol where I
expect on the map.

Trouble is that my text label is not showing up with the symbol.  Does
anyone have experience programmatically adding symbols with labels to a map
layer?  If so, can you suggest where my problem might be?

My layer definition layout code is as follows:

<LayerDefinition xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="LayerDefinition-1.2.0.xsd" version="1.2.0">
  <VectorLayerDefinition>

<ResourceId>Session:794eb74e-0000-1000-8000-00e08129aefe_en_7F0000010AF20AF10AF0//TemporaryPoints.FeatureSource</ResourceId>
    <FeatureName>PointSchema:Points</FeatureName>
    <FeatureNameType>FeatureClass</FeatureNameType>
    <Geometry>GEOM</Geometry>
    <VectorScaleRange>
    <MinScale>0</MinScale>
    <MaxScale>1000000000000</MaxScale>
    <PointTypeStyle>
    <DisplayAsText>true</DisplayAsText>
    <AllowOverpost>false</AllowOverpost>
    <PointRule>
    <LegendLabel>Points Rule</LegendLabel>
    <Filter></Filter>
    <Label><Unit>Points</Unit>
<SizeContext>DeviceUnits</SizeContext>
<SizeX>12</SizeX>
<SizeY>12</SizeY>
<Rotation>0</Rotation>
<Text>LABEL</Text>
<FontName>Arial</FontName>
<ForegroundColor>DDDDDDDD</ForegroundColor>
<BackgroundColor>FFFFFFFF</BackgroundColor>
<BackgroundStyle>Transparent</BackgroundStyle>
<HorizontalAlignment>Center</HorizontalAlignment>
<VerticalAlignment>Baseline</VerticalAlignment>
<Bold>false</Bold>
<Italic>false</Italic>
<Underlined>false</Underlined>
</Label>
    <PointSymbolization2D><W2D>
    <Unit>Points</Unit>
    <SizeContext>DeviceUnits</SizeContext>
    <SizeX>10</SizeX>
    <SizeY>10</SizeY>
    <Rotation>0</Rotation>
    <MaintainAspect>true</MaintainAspect>
    <W2DSymbol>
        <ResourceId>Library://NJPMSymbols.SymbolLibrary</ResourceId>
        <LibraryItemName>screw1</LibraryItemName>
    </W2DSymbol>
    <FillColor>FFFF0000</FillColor>
    <LineColor>FF000000</LineColor>
    <TextColor>FF000000</TextColor>