[mapguide-users] How to capture screen coordinates in javaviewer sample provided by mapguide

aroranidh nidhi_arora at hcl.in
Mon Jan 5 03:15:24 EST 2009

Hi,
I am using maguide2009 with Apache and jsp. I am modifying the
javaviewersample present in the mapguide.

The map coordinates are captured in
 <input class="StatusField" id="1" type="text"    readonly> field present in
/wieverfiles/statusbar.templ file.

The function

function SetCursorPositionMsg(msg)
{
    SetFieldText(msg, 1);
}

The string msg stores the coordinates.

I want to extract this value in another frame.  [ basically in
/mapviewerjava/gettingstarted.jsp page ]

I have tried many alternatives to capture this msg varible in other frames,
but the value is not captured.

I am not able to find the frame in which statusbar.templ is present.
I have tried viewerframe , but it doesnot work.

Thanks in anticipation of ur help