[mapguide-users] SHP to SQL Server 2008 spatial

Peter Filip reklamama at centrum.sk
Mon Jan 5 18:05:11 EST 2009

Hi,

i'd like to load a SHP file into a SQL Server 2008 database and then view
this data throught MGOS.

I played around with FDOToolbox, but I wasn't successful.
I did it this way:

1. I created a new data store.
2. I created a new data connection to my SHP file and to the data
store(SQLserver).
3. Then i created a new bulk copy. I set the SHP file as a source and the
SQLserver data store as a target.
Here i get a message: There are no schemas in the target connection. If you
save this task, all source classes will be copied.

Anyway I executed the bulkcopy and got this output with an error message:

[5.1.2009 23:23:38] OSGeo.FDO.Common.Exception: String is not a valid FGF
string.  ---> OSGeo.FDO.Common.Exception: Parse string is incorrectly
formatted.

Maybe I did it wrong or is there any other way to load SHP files to SQL
Server 2008 ?

I'll appreciate any suggestions.