[mapguide-users] Adding OpenLayers.Layer to Fusion Map

Mark Pendergraft markp at Meadgilman.com
Thu Jan 8 11:30:13 EST 2009

Awesome news Paul,
Can't wait to get my hands on it.  In my past maps I had a control which
would link to google maps/earth but I've really felt that integration
into my own map was the way to go from the start.
-Mark P.

-----Original Message-----
From: mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Paul
Spencer
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 4:17 AM
To: MapGuide Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [mapguide-users] Adding OpenLayers.Layer to Fusion Map

In the current version, it is not directly possible to add other layer
types but it can be done with some hacking.  I'm not even going to
attempt to describe how to do it because I haven't actually done it ...

In the upcoming 2.0 version of Fusion, it is now possible to add any
OpenLayers layer type via the ApplicationDefinition file.  We are
aiming for a beta version compatible with the upcoming MapGuide
release (2.1 I think) before the end of January that will incorporate
many performance enhancements funded by Autodesk and a few new
features such as the ability to add any OpenLayers layer type.  More
to come on this as we get organized for a release.

Cheers

Paul